As a parent, there is this calling; the responsibility to teach our children. The truth is, we think we know how to. On the other side of the coin, getting our child’s attention is the main challenge. But it doesn’t have to be a struggle. As a working mother, to teach my daughter how to read is still on top of my priorities. Reading is the foundation of learning. How can I introduce her to the world of education, if I failed to equip her with the basics? I only have one daughter who is 20 months old, though there are some instances that we compared the learning progress of the children. In my opinion, this is unhealthy. For example birthday parties, some parents just can’t help to voice-out their child’s skills, such as “She memorized the alphabet, before she turns one.” Once we heard this, a whisper of disappointment mingles in a mother’s heart. We need to understand that each child has a different learning pattern. My friend shares her experience to me, the technique that she used on her eldest daughter, won’t work on her son who will soon turn four years old. She asked me, and so as herself. Couldn’t just I conclude that Chloe the eldest must be smarter than Arron, and then continue to the pattern which doesn’t seem to work? We have to be aware of the fast phasing changes in our generation. What we need is an efficient solution.
I was sent Hooked on phonics Learn-to-Read Pre-K level 1&2 for review. This is a learning system that suits your three to four-year old toddlers. It is an interactive learning process. Why Hooked On Phonics? The core of this learning system is based on “phonetic awareness” this is the ability to hear and work with individual the sounds in words. To make it short, this is an animated way of learning, on how letters make sounds, and sounds that come together to make words. The wonderful thing about Hooked On Phonics is the unexpected pleasure for you and your child. This learning unit consists of DVD, workbook, flash cards, you and your child will also have to visit their website and login to their premium account. There are also guidelines on when to proceed to the next step. You can use this once or twice a week, it really depends. The good thing is, you can gauge the progress of your child, it includes reviewers, and once your child is ready for the next, don’t forget the star! Oh yes, your child deserves one on each successfully learned phase. Hooked On Phonics is an exciting way of learning. Beyond that, this learning system is creatively crafted by one of the finest educators, illustrators, animators and composers. Both you and your child will have a great experience. They introduce each letter in a song, in a very magnificent way. My 20 months old daughter and so am I got hooked on this. I really like the Cc song; it’s presented as if you are watching an Opera, breath-taking. I have to applaud them for their version of the alphabet; it’s like the Night at the Museum guard meets the Pink-Panther. As a mother I never knew that letters could be that beautiful and fascinating, Hooked on Phonics taught me that. Now, I slowly let my 20 months old daughter get familiarized with this learning system, and her improvements are remarkable. As for my friend, she told me it saved her a lot of time; her son’s progress makes her feel assured.
[phpbay]hooked on phonics, 10[/phpbay]
http://www.hookedonphonics.com/ Here is a 25% off coupon code you can use when purchaing it: HOP25.
Hooked On Phonics generously offered to sponsor one of Natural Baby Goods readers with a Hooked On Phonics Learn to Read.
Contest ends Mar 05, 2010. OPEN TO USA AND CANADA ONLY!
1. To enter, Subscribe to my blog via email and leave the comment below saying that you are a subscriber. Don’t forget to confirm your subscription. This is required and must be done before the extra entries count! (2 entries)
2. Visit Hooked On Phonics online and make a comment back here about your favourite item.
3. Blog about the giveaway and leave the URL to your post in the comment. (3 entries)
4. Grab my button on your sidebar and leave the URL to your post in the comment.
5. Follow NaturalBabyGood on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway. Leave the URL to your tweet in your comment.
6. Become “Natural Baby Goods” Fan on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did and include your Facebook name. (2 entries)
7. Purchase @www.bnatureorganic.com
8. Sign up and receive B nature updates @www.bnatureorganic.com (2 entries)
9. Join B Nature Facebook Group(2 entries)
10. Follow B Nature on twitter(2 entries)
11. Every forum, blog, or Social Media effort you make about B Nature. Just make sure to tell me what you did so I can keep track.(2 entries)
**Disclaimer: The product/s mentioned above have been given free of charge from the company in exchange for being reviewed on Natural Baby Goods. This website is not associated with the company.