A number of studies says that reading to infants not only boosts speech and language development, but also improves overall intelligence. When you read to your baby, you set the stage for a lifetime of literacy and you can make the experience fun and interactive. Your baby will respond while you read, they will make sounds, imitate what they see and even dance when you read or sing nursery rhymes.
Barefoot Books, an award-winning independent children’s publisher, was born 15 years ago out of their founders’ shared desire to create imaginatively written and beautifully illustrated children’s books that captured the diversity and richness of the world’s many cultures in an accessible way.
Barefoot Books’ picture books for children fall into three categories. I had the chance of reading and reviewing 3 wonderful books from their three book categories, including “The Animal Boogie” (With Singalong CD), “I Took the Moon for a Walk” and “Skip Through The Seasons”. These books are very colorful and educational. We have lots of fun when reading the books together. My daughter loves the song of “The Animal Boogie” and tried to imitate the animals’ movements. With the book “Skip Through The Seasons”, I can start to explain 12 months to my little girl but I am not sure if she understands yet. But I definitely know she loves the time of snuggling together to read.
You can not only find all sorts of books for any age group at Barefoot Books but also from building blocks to adorable puppets, from puzzles to wonderful fascinating gift sets too!
Here is the core value being behind Barefoot.
We offer books that are an authentic alternative to the commercialization of childhood. We encourage children to make time for make-believe, let their imaginations run wild and free, while never forgetting that childhood is a time for fun.
We help children explore other cultures, our planet, and themselves, providing them with ways to follow their imaginations on extraordinary journeys, both inner and outer.
We believe that books with beautiful art and meaningful stories respect the innate wisdom of children and have the power to nourish the creative spark in everyone.
We are committed to using story to create deep and lasting connections—whether it’s a child and parent connecting over a book; a child connecting to the universal wisdom of other cultures; or a broad network of people connecting through shared values and the desire to help children become happy, engaged members of a global community.
We support organizations that share our goals of global understanding, empowering children through art and story, and protecting and preserving the earth for future generations.
Barefoot Books is giving away a book of your choice.
Contest ends Feb 12,2010.
The contest is open to U.S. and Canadian residents.
1. To enter, Subscribe to my blog via email and leave the comment below saying that you are a subscriber. Don’t forget to confirm your subscription. This is required and must be done before the extra entries count!
2. Leave the comment about which book they would most like to receive.
4. Following Barefoot Books on twitter.
5. Blog about the giveaway and leave the URL to your post in the comment. (3 entries)
6. Grab my button on your sidebar and leave the URL to your post in the comment. (2 entries)
7. Follow NaturalBabyGood on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway. Leave the URL to your tweet in your comment. (2 entries)
8. Become “Natural Baby Goods” Fan on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did and include your Facebook name. (2 entries)
9. Purchase @www.bnatureorganic.com
10. Sign up and receive B nature updates @www.bnatureorganic.com (2 entries)
11. Join B Nature Facebook Group(2 entries)
12. Follow B Nature on twitter(2 entries)
13. Every forum, blog, or Social Media effort you make about B Nature. Just make sure to tell me what you did so I can keep track.(2 entries)