“Whoa, amber is the color of your energy.
Whoa, shades of gold display naturally.”
– from the song “Amber” by 311
I always find accessories like necklaces to be an effortlessly convenient way to accentuate my simple look. But to wear necklaces that have healing properties? Yes, please! Anything that’s natural for a Natural Mama like me is welcome. Just like these fabulous Baltic Amber healing necklaces I got from Amber Artisans. They are the best baltic amber necklaces I’ve ever seen.
I got two different styles of Baltic Amber necklaces: One is with a single shade of a light amber color, and the other one with alternating shades of dark and light amber. The beads are irregularly shaped, but are close in size. They look very natural, they feel great to touch, and they’re light to wear.
Well, enough of the superficial details. I’m no longer new to the amazing features of Baltic Amber, but for the benefit of those who would like to know what’s special about this organic resin, here’s how I’d like to describe it:
Baltic Amber 101:
- What is it? It’s a fossilized resin from trees.
- What is it not? It is not a stone or a gem.
- How is it formed? I’d rather not expound, but the wood’s natural resin would only become amber if it survives a lot of extreme conditions like sunlight, cold, rain, and microorganisms. Otherwise, the resin would disintegrate. That’s what makes amber a precious natural deposit in its own right. It is known to have been formed 45 million years ago!
- Why is it famous? Just like as to how it is formed, Baltic amber not only undergoes a long, natural process. It’s also traditionally regarded with its many healing properties since prehistoric times.
What are the healing properties of Baltic amber?
- protection against common illnesses, improving immunity
- medicine/remedy to certain diseases, healing remedy for teething babies
- faster healing of wounds
- presence of succinic acid (3-8%) which has various applications for rheumatic pain relief, skin treatment and balancing of acidity
- therapeutic effect for the mind and body, stress relief, energy restoration, overall well-being
- antioxidant properties helping delay cell aging
How is baltic amber used for treatment? Interestingly, other than just by wearing it like a necklace or bracelet, amber can also be used as internal treatment through powder or tincture form, or by inhaling its aroma. Other external ways of use is as massage oil, ointment, and bath stone.
So much about the amazing benefits of Baltic amber. I’m just enjoying wearing it for its beautiful look, and now I’m feeling better inside. I’m lucky to have two necklaces to share with my daughter!
One thing that’s great about this best baltic amber necklace from Amber Artisans is the artisan quality of their products. The Baltic amber they use are all original, and they’re made into necklaces the traditional way — by hand! They even accept custom designs as your stylish taste would please. Check out their bracelets, necklace for men, and their cute mom-and-baby pair of teething and healing necklaces!